Thursday, December 1, 2011

Crafting

After thanksgiving I returned to our home in San Diego while Marc headed off on a business trip to Brazil and Argentina. With 10 days until he returns I decided to take advantage of my extra free time and get some crafting done.

Since I will be going to visit my brand new niece and nephew this weekend the first craft project was a little gift for each of them. The gift includes one of each of the fabrics from the pictures above but you will have to wait until this weekend to find out which one! Hopefully I will be able to take a picture of the babes with their presents and then share the super simple and fun project I completed.

The next project I have to work on is making Christmas stockings. I spent an hour at the fabric store last night picking out coordinating fabrics for each of the 8 stockings I am making. Then, with the inspiration I found on Diary of a Quilter today I started assembling my stockings.


I started out by cutting stocking shapes out of each of the fabrics I bought last night. I was planning ahead when I did this during my lunch break at work and boy am I glad I did. The cutting was definitely not the most exciting part of the project! Then, this evening I started sewing everything together. I finished two of the eight and right now it looks like I am right on track to have them all done to take to San Antonio this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment