Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Make Your Own Baby Blankets

You may remember a little craft that I was making for my brand new niece and nephew at the end of November. Well I can finally tell you that I ended up making each of them their very own baby blanket. I'm pretty sure they are big enough to continue to use for a while as they currently get folded in quarters to cover the little ones in their baby swings. Here is Nixon showing his excitement for his blanket (folded in half).


I found a really easy blanket tutorial  to make a stitch and turn blanket. I picked out three options for a patterned soft flannel and then asked my sister-in-law to pick her favorite without telling her what the fabric was for. I then paired each patterned piece with a super soft piece of solid colored minky fabric. Josie got a nice pink owl fabric with green minky and Nixon got a space ships and rockets print with red minky. They turned out as super soft cuddly blankets that I hope my niece and nephew will enjoy for some time to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment