Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Stockings

I can finally share with you the finished pictures of all 10 stockings that I made over the last month. I followed the tutorial from Diary of a Quilter because I found it to be one of the easiest tutorials to follow and created a beautiful lined stocking with a flap. The only part I made up myself was how to attach the hanger to the stocking. I ended up using a loop of ribbon which I felt worked out pretty well.

You saw the 8 stockings that I sent to my brother and his family in Texas in this post but here is a picture of the stockings hanging up, ready for Christmas, at my brother's house in San Antonio.


You might notice some extra touches on some of the stockings. Four of the stockings I officially labeled for my brother's family. The other four are for visiting family, grandparents, siblings, cousins, etc. I added a small paper tag to each of the visitors stockings so they could be labeled appropriately with names of whomever was visiting. Here is a closer look at the stockings for my brother's family.


The last two stockings I made were for Marc and I. Being our first Christmas as a married couple I felt it was really important that we start our own traditions. I have never had stockings before and it seemed like the perfect opportunity to take advantage of it. I really liked the scrappy stockings I found at Moda Bakeshop but wasn't really set on the tutorial. So I assembled the scrappy fabric and then followed the original tutorial I used for the rest of the stockings. Not as quilted and batting filled, but it worked for me.

assembled but waiting for the flap to be folded

our finished newlywed stockings
So there you have it! I couldn't be more excited to celebrate Christmas with my husband and the rest of my family including my new niece and nephew.

8 days to go . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment