Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Chain Saw 101

Yesterday Marc and I headed over to Casey's house for a little chain saw 101. Over the weekend, while I was in Connecticut for a bridal shower, Casey spent some time getting Marc acquainted with the chain saw and teaching him the basics of cutting down trees. From what I can tell, Marc thoroughly enjoyed himself and couldn't wait to show me what he learned. Good thing he has the enthusiasm because with 40+ acres of home in our future I'm sure we'll be using this tool quite a bit!

The man in action!
Thankfully chain saw lessons also included borrowed safety gear. In the above photo you can see Marc sporting some fancy Kevlar chainsaw chaps and a woodsman helmet with face screen and hearing protection. Guess we'll have to add those to our growing home depot shopping list! He's also wearing steel toed work boots which he purchased over the weekend before his first chainsaw lesson.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment