Saturday, May 19, 2012

Run for the Kids

This morning Marc and I completed the annual Tuck charity race, Run for the Kids 5K, which benefits Upper Valley Child and Family Services, David's House, and the Children's Hospital at Dartmouth (CHaD).  This is our second race together. Our first race was during our honeymoon in Iceland. There we participated in the 3K fun run (it was our honeymoon after all) and had a blast.

At the Finish Line

As I was getting ready this morning I realized that the majority of my running shirts are from races I have completed with my friends back home in California. I also realized that in California races are held during the cool San Francisco mornings. Out here it was at least mid-60s by the time we started running which made this race a little harder then usual for me. Thankfully I had my loving husband by my side, high-fiving the race volunteers, whistling the rocky theme song (what? it was stuck in his head!) and cheering me along every step of the way. I surprised him at the end by putting on the turbo jets and sprinting to the finish line. Official results are still pending but unofficial results put us just over 31 minutes for the 5K.

Sweaty and tired but we finished! 
***UPDATE***
I have finally found the official results from the race. Marc and I placed 37th and 38th out of 70 runners at a time of 31 minutes and 29 seconds. Marc placed 23rd out of all men and 7th out of men in his age group. I placed 15th out of all women and 4th out of women in my age group. The fastest woman in my group ran a 28 min 13 second 5K which seems like it could be attainable for me next year . . . maybe.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Bay to Breakers Sunday - I know how you love to do that. You can stay with us - 90 minutes closer than Carmel Valley1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bay to Breakers on Sunday - come on down!

    ReplyDelete