Monday, April 16, 2012

Gile Mountain

Yesterday Marc and I went on a hike to Gile Mountain in Norwich. It was a 1.4 mile round-trip hike which took us up to the peak of Gile Mountain. Advertised as an "easy" hike, Marc and I were both a little surprised by how much our hearts were racing as we climbed up to the peak. At the peak there is an abandoned fire ranger's cabin and the fire tower.

Firetower on top of Gile Mountain
Marc climbed all the way to the top of the firetower to take in the full panoramic view of the Upper Valley. On the other hand I, with my fear of heights, made it to just above the treeline. Despite not being at the top the view was amazing.



I absolutely loved the contrast of the tower construction against the natural beauty of the woods. While I was up here I definitely made a mental note to bring whomever comes to visit next to this beautiful panorama. Maybe not during mud season but definitely during late spring, summer or fall.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment