Friday, March 23, 2012

Mother-Daughter Day

Last night the first (out of area) visitor to our new home arrived - my mom! Coincidentally Marc's car arrived in Boston when my mom was arriving so instead of making her take the Dartmouth Coach from the airport to our area, I was able to pick her up in person. This meant that we all arrived home at 8pm instead of 10pm and we were all able to enjoy a home cooked meal together.

Since it was a workday for Marc today I was lucky to have a mother daughter day with my mom. We started off with a trip to Walmart where we bought some flowering daffodils and herbs to grow from seed. Next we went to the grocery store to stock up on food for the weekend and my mom treated me to a bouquet of flowers. After lunch we spent some time perusing the King Arthur Flour store. So much to look at and such a fun experience with my mom. Then we finished off the day with the ultimate girly outing - manicures.

I've had such a great day spending one on one time with my mom. I hope this encourages her to come visit us often! I'm also excited because I know the weekend's only just begun and later tonight my dad arrives to join us!!


No comments:

Post a Comment