Wednesday, March 21, 2012

CA versus VT

In California it wasn't uncommon to wake up to see the following on the thermometer:
In the 50s inside?! Brrr!
In Vermont we have this fabulous propane powered wall furnace called a Rinnai. This little guy is located in our dining room and he heats up our entire two bedroom condo in minutes. Minutes.  

In California I remember that even with an appointment the DMV was unfriendly and took forever. But you might remember from this post that the DMV here in Vermont is actually here to help you. I especially enjoyed the experience of visiting the mobile DMV. Not only was it quick but the people were super friendly and welcoming.

In California there was always a line at the post office. Near work it would often take 20 minutes, near home I was surprised when my shortest visit lasted 5 minutes. Today I went to the post office here in Vermont and it was empty. 1 car besides mine in the parking lot, not a single person in the office and a cute sign next to a bell that said "Ring for Service". I think I will be mailing things more often if it is always like this.

On the flip side, I'm having a little trouble finding some 6x6 inch picture frames as there is no Aaron Brothers, no Michael's, no Target, and no IKEA in close driving distance. In CA I would have had at least one of those within a 20 minute or less driving radius.


No comments:

Post a Comment