Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Mobile DMV

There is no department of motor vehicles (DMV) located in the town where we live. Having recently moved and needing to switch our California drivers licenses to Vermont Operator's Licenses we were really hoping we wouldn't have to drive to the closest big city. Thankfully I can report that every Wednesday a mobile DMV comes to town.

What is the mobile DMV? Well as you can see in the picture below the office arrives in a trailor towed behind a large truck. The DMV employees unpack their gear and set up a temporary office for the day. It's very similar to when I used to travel for outside clinics at WIC. I even snapped a quick picture of the "office".

Honestly I have to say it was my most pleasant trip to the DMV. The only trip I could refer to as quick and painless. And Marc and I both walked out with Vermont licenses in hand. What more could we have asked for?



No comments:

Post a Comment