Sunday, September 25, 2011

30, Flirty and Thriving!


My birthday started off last night with a romantic dinner for two at the local wine bar. Marc and I had a really good time sitting outside in the courtyard sipping cocktails and wine while enjoying delicious food. When dinner was over we decided we weren't quite ready to go home so we stopped at another restaurant on our way and enjoyed a few more drinks and some delicious tiramisu. We ended up staying up until midnight so that we could celebrate the very beginning of my birthday.

Today, I wanted to kick off the morning with a chocolate croissant and a mimosa. Sadly the French bakery in town was out of chocolate croissants so we ended up with some delicious Danish pastries. Marc and I shared an almond croissant, cinnamon danish and a peach turnover. Along with the mimosas it was definitely the best way to start the day.

After breakfast I started opening the 47 birthday cards that I had received in the mail. I can't even begin to tell you how much fun it was to have so many cards to open. As you can see below the 3 inch stack was enough cards to cover most of our dining room table! I am so lucky to have such wonderful friends and family to make my birthday wish come true.



After opening all my cards we watched the Forty-Niners beat the Bengals in football. Which reminds me that the cake my coworkers got to celebrate my birthday was also in Niners colors.


So far 30 is living up to the hype. I've had a wonderful birthday and birthday weekend. I'm even more excited to see what else is in store for the year. I owe a big thank you to everyone who sent me a birthday card, called, left a Facebook message and generally made my birthday so very special. Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! Glad you had such a fun birthday! =) Three cheers for the big 3-0!

    ReplyDelete