Thursday, September 1, 2011

Happy Septina!

Happy first day of Septina! We celebrated by having lunch together at Pizza Nova, one of the restaurants near our offices. In case you were wondering what Septina is, it's my birthday month (September + Christina).

Yesterday Marc and I were talking about my birthday. Since we had the best party of the summer last month, our wedding, it's really hard to believe that I would be able to have something equivalent this month for my 30th birthday. I also realize that I just asked all my friends and family to fly to Maine for my wedding so I can't really ask them to fly to the other corner of the United States and come celebrate with me in San Diego.

So it got me thinking, what can I do instead? In the hopes that people will be willing to put something into the mail for me I have decided that I would like to try to get at least 30 birthday cards to open on my big day. They can be bought or handmade, they can include stories about me from the past or advice for my next 30 years, but honestly I would just love to have some cards to open on my birthday. Not too much to ask for, right?

The only thing to remember is my birthday, the 25th, is on a Sunday. So you will have to make sure you send them so that they arrive Saturday or before, and I promise I will collect them and not open them until my big day.

So that's my goal . . . 30 cards to open on my 30th birthday. Will you mail me one?

No comments:

Post a Comment