Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Just the Two of Us

Tomorrow at lunch time my parents arrive, and they're not leaving until they meet their sweet little grand-daughter. That means today is officially the last day where it will be just Marc and I. To honor the day Marc decided to work from home. Which means we've been able to relish in the simple, quiet, pre-baby life.

After sleeping in, and admiring the snow from our bedroom window, we had a nice leisurely breakfast together. Marc and I usually have breakfast together every morning before he heads off to work but not a cooked breakfast. So as I was cooking the ham, eggs, potatoes and toast I temporarily thought it was Saturday morning. After breakfast I was reminded it was a work day when Marc had to take a few phone calls and get some work done. So while he did that I headed into town to grocery shop and run a few errands.


This afternoon we had a chance to go for a snow hike in our backyard. We checked on both of our streams, followed the path of some deer and explored parts of the woods that we haven't walked through before. Thankfully we were able to get out while the sun was still out, right now a flurry has appeared out of nowhere and there's no sun to be seen.


Tonight I'm treating Marc to a roast chicken dinner with all the fixings - green beans, roast potatoes, stuffing and gravy. If we have any room left after all that I've even made a french apple pie with fresh whipped cream.


Hopefully tonight we'll also get to cuddle up on the couch and watch some DVDs staying warm and cozy as the temperatures outside drop to a predicted -5F. If you ask me, it's been a great day and I know it's only going to get better once my parents and then our daughter arrive.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment