Thursday, September 20, 2012

Pregnancy Update - 19 weeks

The Nursery
Now we know we are having a little girl, Marc and I have been thinking about the nursery. We've always known which room in the house was going to become the baby's room. When we moved in it was covered in blue wallpaper and blue carpet. We quickly got rid of those and replaced the carpet with the same carpet in our bedroom but under the blue wall paper we found red walls. Who paints a room red?! To have some fun we decided to paint our announcement on the walls for our parents to see.


It was so much fun to have such an exciting message on the wall but we realized that we couldn't leave it like that forever. So while my parents were visiting earlier this month we finally got around to painting the closet white and painting a grey primer over the red walls. Now we can think about what colors and theme we want in our baby's room and then start thinking about furniture and everything else.

Due Date
Last night we had our latest Centering Pregnancy group meeting. I have to admit that I am very lucky to be a part of such a wonderful group. The other moms and dads are so chatty and friendly, we really have a great time when we meet. Plus the midwife who runs the group is super knowledgeable and really knows how to run our group well.

At our meeting last night we got to hear Baby Girl's strong heartbeat once again. It is such a reassuring sound and even though she was trying her best to hide from the doppler, we found her. We also found out that our due date was updated since our sonogram a few weeks ago. Now instead of a due date of January 25th we are now expecting our baby girl on February 11th. That means that I get to reach halfway of our pregnancy all over again! Baby is growing appropriately and everything measured within normal limits on her sonogram with no noticeable abnormalities. Oh and me, I'm feeling great!


Prenatal Yoga
I have to admit that so far, knock on wood, this pregnancy has been pretty easy going for me. In order to help keep it that way I decided to start prenatal yoga. We meet once a week on Wednesdays and as of yesterday there was only three of us in the class. The teacher was great and it was such a nice way to stretch and relax and really feel connected to the pregnancy. Plus the yoga studio is just a couple blocks from Marc's office so we can either carpool or I can drop by and say hello afterwards.


Hand Me Downs and Baby Gifts
Marc and I are also very lucky to have lots of people in our lives who have recently had children. This means that not only do we get to learn from them what to get and what to avoid, we are also getting lots of offers of hand me downs. I've heard that my sister in law has 4 boxes of stuff for us to look through from Cousin Josie and Marc's coworker has started leaving presents for him on his desk. On top of this we have also started to receive a few baby gifts. Here's the rundown so far . . .

Adorable Vintage Socks from Kate

Fortune Cookie Booties from Jen and Brandon


Baby Towel and Outfit from my Mom
(once she knew she was having a granddaughter)
A Board Book to get baby ready for the homestead from my Dad

Baby Seat, Baby Bjorn and Bumbo Seat from Marc's coworker
I guess this is motivation to get the baby's room worked on so we have places to store this stuff instead of just piling it up in baby's closet. 


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. You are looking good! And if baby is late, you could end up with a very special Valentine's Day. :)

    ReplyDelete