Monday, September 24, 2012

For Irene

My good friend Irene is getting ready to head off to India for a fellowship through Kiva, a micro-finance organization. I couldn't be more excited for her! If I wasn't currently carrying around Baby Aquila I would be figuring out just when I was going to be visiting her. I'm a little bummed I won't be able to go not only because I've never been to India before but because Irene came to visit me in Mexico when I was studying there for two months,


and we traveled around China together while she was studying there.

 

So instead of traveling around India with her I'll have to live vicariously through her adventures and hope that she takes lots of pictures and posts lots on her Kiva Blog about her project. Before she left I wanted to share a few things with her that we talked about on our last phone-call together.

One of her requests was more pictures of the fall foliage. So here's one of the trees by our pond which is probably a few weeks old now. 

I also took a short video of the pond and the river after the rainstorm we had last week. If you turn your speakers up after the music ends you can just about hear the sound of the water. Hopefully this gives you a better feel for the size of our pond and some of our "backyard".  


For Irene from Christina A on Vimeo.

Irene - We hope you have a fantastic trip to India and are successful on your projects. Marc wants you to remember to wash your hands twice before you eat and don't drink the water. I want you to take lots of pictures and share them with us while you're there. Baby Aquila would like you to come home safe so she can meet you in person! 



Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I love it, this is the sweetest present!
    It's so peaceful, I can't wait to see it in person and meet Baby!
    <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really pretty pond and backyard! I really liked the sounds of the water and the leaves turning are just beautiful~

    ReplyDelete