Monday, September 17, 2012

Family, Football and Fun!

Marc and I had a great weekend full of family, football and fun. On Friday night Marc's cousin Jess, who officiated our wedding, came to visit. It was so great to have her over for the night and to show her our new home. We also had her parents come for dinner on Friday night. I have to admit that I really love having people visit. Not only do I love having a house full of activity and people but I love trying out new recipes. This Friday was no different when I tried out a cannelloni bean and kale soup - with sausage meatballs for the meat eaters - and stuffed mushrooms. Thankfully the recipes were a hit and everyone seemed to have a great evening. It was also a chance for us to show Marc's Aunt and Uncle what we had done to the house so far. You see, they had come to see the house back when we were in the process of purchasing it, so they know just how far it has come since we took over.

Go Big Green!

On Saturday we spent the day playing catch up with Marc doing some work from home and baby girl and I taking a lovely one and a half hour nap. Then in the evening we met up with some of our local friends for dinner at 3 Guys Basement Barbeque and the first home game of the season at Dartmouth. The barbeque was delicious, especially their dry rubbed and smoked chicken wings. I wasn't a big fan of some of the sides but I would say it's definitely a place worth going back to. The football game was also entertaining to watch, Dartmouth won 35-7 against Butler. It was a night game but thankfully it was warm enough where we didn't have to bundle up too much. It was also my first opportunity to break out my maternity jeans with the stretchy waistband. So comfortable and a great way to keep my midsection warm.

Sunday we decided to get some work done on the house. I mowed the lawn while Marc finished up cementing the chimney. The chimney project has been ongoing for what feels like the last month. I'm going to leave it up to Marc to share the process and the pictures but it's pretty impressive what his dad, his brother and Marc have been able to accomplish. Then at lunch time Marc's cousin Cristine and her husband Dave came to visit. It was fun to give them the full tour of the house. I always like to hear what people think about the space compared to the pictures they have seen. For lunch we tried out another new recipe - southwestern chicken and black bean soup.

Ready for the game! 

To top it all off we were able to watch the San Francisco 49ers beat the Detroit Lions on Sunday Night Football. Since we don't have our cable setup yet we were grateful to know that NBC Sports airs the Sunday Night games online for free. Yay NBC! So we had our dinner in front of the TV and watched the first half before heading to bed. Then I watched the second half in bed while Marc slept. I forget that on the East Coast evening games are a little challenging to watch because they don't end until midnight.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment