Monday, January 9, 2012

New Years Resolutions

Apparently if it's not my uncle (Hi Uncle John!) telling me I need to blog more, it's my dad. I guess they are brothers after all. All I need now is my brother to call me and tell me the same thing and all of my male relatives will be on the same page. So ... this one is for you!

Marc and I have been sticking close to home so far this year. I have been the lucky recipient of Marc's new interest in cooking. To date I have enjoyed homemade French bread, homemade ricotta, homemade lasagna, pulled pork, and deliciously cooked steaks. While Marc has been occupying the kitchen I have been working on scanning all the recipes I have accumulated over the years onto my computer. Which means not only can I finally get rid of stacks of paper but I now can search through my recipes. One of our resolutions is to try out more new recipes this year.

Like the majority of America we have also been working on our resolution to get out and move more. This past weekend we found ourselves hiking at Torrey Pines State Park. Four and a half miles later I wound up taking not one but two afternoon naps on the couch. Hopefully this will not become a pattern and we can make the most of the running shoes we purchased each other for Christmas.

Well I think that is about it for now. I am hoping to have some more news to write about soon, but until then you will all have to learn to just be patient. Just like Marc's brother advised me when Marc and I first started dating.

No comments:

Post a Comment