Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Q'ero Peruvian and South American Kitchen


Last weekend one of my college buddies stopped by for a visit. Turns out she had a work meeting on Coronado Island for the week and then stayed with us for the night at the end of the week. Having a friend in town meant we were finally able to try out Q'ero, a restaurant in Encinitas which we have been meaning to try out for a while but can never get reservations.


I knew the restaurant was on the smaller side but I guess I never realized just how much that factored into the inability to get reservations. We split an appetizer of empanadas, one of my favorites, and then each had a delicious entree. Marc had the pork shank, Erin had the short ribs and I had a bite of theirs and the steak special. All of the food was delicious! Although I have to admit the sauce was a little on the spicy side for me.


The best part of the meal was the tres leches cake that we all shared. In all honesty I think it might have been the best tres leches cake I have ever had.

1 comment: