Thursday, February 7, 2013

Pregnancy Update - 40 weeks

Today is the due day for our Baby Girl. So far she seems to have missed the memo. While Marc thought she was going to be early, and I hoped she would be like me and be on time, it seems that she has other plans for her arrival into this world. I've been chatting with her and letting her know that we're ready for her to arrive and also trying my best to make sure she's not too comfortable in there. Unfortunately it seems that when I make her uncomfortable she ultimately wins by making me uncomfortable. I guess that's the back and forth of a mother-daughter relationship.


This morning in celebration of our due day we had a delicious family breakfast. Marc is working from home today and my mom is here awaiting the arrival of her 5th grandchild - 3rd granddaughter. Together we enjoyed french toast and thick cut bacon.

This afternoon we had our weekly midwife appointment. According to the midwife we are now 80% effaced, 2 cm dilated and at 0 station. If you don't know what that means there is a nice little slideshow here that explains it all pretty clearly. Or in other words my body is getting ready for labor - ultimately we need to be 100% effaced, 10 cm dilated and +5 station. I'm still having just a few braxton hicks contractions here and there but nothing that could be considered labor contractions. While we were at the midwife's office we ran into two of the other mothers from our prenatal group. It was so nice to have a mini-reunion and hear about how they are handling the wait for their babies. Secretly I think we are all hoping to run into each other again at the hospital.

We're located right above the dash between the 18 and 24
In case you haven't heard, winter storm Nemo is heading our way this weekend, promising to bring with it a projected foot of snow. They say that a change in barometric pressure can lead to contractions as the air pressure changes faster then the water pressure around the baby. I guess we'll see whether it has any affect on us.

I apologize for the terrible Instagram self portrait 


Oh yeah and I cut 10 inches off of my hair for locks of love. This is the second time I have made a donation, last time I had 13 inches of hair. This is also the first time I've had a major haircut since Marc and I got engaged. It's interesting to think about everything that hair has been through but the shorter cut is definitely much more manageable.

Tonight we are celebrating our due day with a nice roast chicken dinner with all the fixings. Then for dessert we have homemade apple pie with fresh whipped cream. Since I'm not celebrating today with a baby in my arms, I'm so grateful that I had the next best thing by enjoying the day with both Marc and my Mom.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment