Thursday, February 14, 2013

My Valentines

Marc and I don't normally celebrate Valentine's Day per se. We like to pick a fun holiday close to Valentine's Day and celebrate that. Over the years we have celebrated Presidents Day, Daytona 500 Day, National Foundation Day, and this year we had picked Ferris Wheel Day (little did we know Google would too!). 

However now that it's actually Valentine's Day it feels a little different. There is absolutely no way that I couldn't celebrate with my two most favorite Valentine's - our daughter and my amazing husband.


Violet Stephanie Aquila
February 10, 2013 9:10am  
7 pounds 4 ounces  19 3/4 inches

Shortly after birth - alert and wondering "what just happened?"
Cleaned up and wearing a hat knitted by Grandma Diane
There is absolutely no way I could have made it through 9 months of pregnancy and a fully natural delivery without Marc by my side. He has taken every hormonal shift in stride. He read the same birthing books that I did during our pregnancy without even batting an eyelash. He coached me through our labor and delivery with every ounce of love and support you could ever imagine possible. And he is an amazing father to our little girl. 

First Family Photo - seconds after birth


2nd Family Photo - getting ready to leave the birth center
Enjoying every moment of burping a screaming child

Finally getting some cuddle time together
Happy Valentine's Day from our family to you! 

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to you and Marc! Carly has been filling me in on how you have been doing! Stay bundled up : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome to motherhood. and fatherhood. :) remember, sleep when the baby does (marc's already on it, it looks like).

    ReplyDelete