Sunday, August 26, 2012

Things We've Been Wanting to Share

Now that the cat's out of the bag there are a few things that I've been wanting to tell all of you about my pregnancy thus far.
  • Father's Day Yes, Marc was able to celebrate Father's Day this year. We found out we were expecting at the beginning of June which left plenty of time to pick out a gift. I gave him a card and the bun in the oven gave him a ceramic bun warmer (get it?!). We also bought him a Father's Day book at Barnes and Noble


  • Nausea
    We found out I was pregnant at about 6 weeks. Up until that point I hadn't had any morning sickness or nausea. I was just feeling a little tired but on the whole pretty good. A couple of weeks after we found out I started feeling unsettled but nothing too crazy, kinda like spending the day feeling car sick. I count my lucky stars that my first trimester was very mild.
  • Brewfest
    Yes I went. No I didn't drink, I had a designated driver ticket which got me a free bottled water. Yes I posted things on facebook and our blog that said I attended and intoned that I enjoyed the brewskis, but alas I just enjoyed the excellent company.
  • Heartbeat
    Marc and I were very lucky in that we were able to schedule our midwife appointment to coincide with my parents visit. We ended up telling them we were pregnant in the morning and heading to the midwife in the afternoon. It also meant that the four of us were able to share the excitement of hearing the baby's heartbeat for the very first time. I can't tell you how amazing that little sound was. Thankfully we have a strong little heartbeat in there. Here is a looped clip from one of our appointments.


  • The Belly
    Before I was pregnant I thought I was going to be one of those moms-to-be who would take pictures of my belly every week or month. In reality, I've taken two sets of pictures. One set when we found out we were pregnant (7 weeks) and one a few weeks ago (16 weeks) when I thought I was starting to show a little bit of a belly. Perhaps I'll take them more frequently when there's more showing but for now this is all I have. 



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Have you bought any maternity clothes yet?

    ReplyDelete