Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Curtain Call

My dear husband has been very hard at work on our house. I have to admit his hours after work are limited but he does make the most of them. So to show my appreciation this week I am going to post some of his latest adventures at our house. A few weeks ago I had him help me hang some curtains in our bedroom. Bear with me on the pictures, the colors aren't that great because it was after dark when we took on this project and I also took these pictures with my phone.

The first step was going to TJ Maxx and picking out curtains. Being the indecisive shopper that I am, I ended up coming home with 6 options. I figured whatever we didn't like we could take back and it was probably better to compare them in the light of our bedroom instead of just choosing one under the lights at the store. Immediately Marc eliminated two and we were left with these four.


The three on the right had a pretty cool circle pattern on them, the one on the far left was the only thermal curtain. After comparing the colors to our bedroom and talking about the benefits of thermal curtains (heat in, noise out) we decided to go with the ones on the far left. Although in reality the color is a little more grey then how it looks in the above picture.

The second step was having my sweet husband do the hard part of measuring and hanging the curtain rod on its brackets. He was very patient with me and listened to exactly how I wanted them to be and took the time to measure to make sure the brackets were all placed evenly. Here's a great shot of him in action.



The last step was hanging the curtains, quite possible the easiest step, which I happily stepped up to the plate to help out with.

Good Morning! 

Good Night!
 Tomorrow we'll head outside and see some of the fun stuff he's been up to out in the backyard.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment