Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Big Girl Bed


It's official Violet has moved into her big girl bed! Marc and I wanted Violet in a twin bed before her sister arrives in December. At first we couldn't find a bed we liked so I asked Marc to make her a bed based on Ana Whites Pioneer Bed plans. And it couldn't have turned out any better - I love it and more importantly Violet is in love with it.


So far she's had two nights and two naps in there and it's been pretty successful. The first night she went to bed with no problem, stayed in bed all night until 7:30am when she grabbed a couple of stuffed animals and stood behind her door calling for us. This morning she stayed in bed playing with her stuffed animals until we went to get her. 


Nap time is funny. She loves climbing under the covers and reading books with me laying down next to her. She is perfectly still until I leave the room. For the past two days she has then gotten out of bed to re-read the books to herself. She then climbs back into bed, tucks herself in and goes to sleep. 


I'm curious whether she will stick with this pattern or whether she will get more adventurous and start exploring her room and toys instead of napping. Or maybe we'll get lucky and she will continue to behave. I guess only time will tell.

... And I guess now would also be a good time to get working on the coverlet I want to make for her bed so she can have real big girl bedding too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment