Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Edgewater Farm CSA Week 5


Not only did we get a new box but today was also the start of our cut flower share. I'm so excited to have fresh flowers in the house every week - especially since this was a surprise gift to me from Marc!


In this weeks box we received - tomatoes, basil, beets, scallions, pickling cucumbers, green beans, Swiss chard, and cousa squash. 


Violet kept asking for berries but when she realized there weren't going to be any in the box she quickly turned her attention towards the tomatoes. She proceeded to take them out of the box one by one and put them on the counter. 


I'm so excited to see more beets in this box - the red one that takes up the bottom left corner of the box is huge! I'm also excited to finally try my hand at pickling. The challenge this week will be trying to find a new recipe for the cousa squash (we've been drizzling with balsamic and grilling which is good but time for something new) and the Swiss chard (Marc loved it last time, I wasn't a big fan). 

Thankfully this week we only have a couple of scallions and cucumbers leftover from last weeks box - which we'll finish up tomorrow. I'm beginning to think the goal of finishing everything in one week is more difficult then expected. I guess I'm glad we only got the small box! 

No comments:

Post a Comment