Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Happy Holidays!


If I had had the time to send out a Christmas card this year it would have looked like the above. But instead I spent the last week working on other Christmas projects.


For the second year in a row we found and cut down our Christmas tree in our own backyard. With this being Violet's first Christmas I spent a good portion of this past weekend quilting her a stocking to hang on the fireplace next to the stockings I made for Marc and I for our first Christmas as husband and wife. I also decided now was the time to try out a new hobby and decorated sugar cookies for our neighbors using royal icing - time consuming but a great creative outlet for me. Lastly, I've been thoroughly enjoying the winter landscape outside our windows.

Tonight, Christmas Eve, we were able to start a few new traditions for our family of three. When I was a kid one of my favorite gifts each year was an ornament from my mom. It was the one present we were able to open on Christmas Eve. By receiving an ornament each year my mom made sure that once we left home we had something to put on our own Christmas trees and some memories to take with us wherever we were. So this evening, Violet received her first tree ornament complete with a family of three snowmen and this years date.


She also was able to open a second gift - a new pair of winter pajamas to wear tonight and into the morning. Lastly, Marc read The Night Before Christmas as her bedtime story (thanks PopPop!).



Marc and I have been making the most of being able to decide our own menu. This morning we had biscuits and gravy, followed by a light lunch of charcuterie and cheese and an early roast chicken dinner with all the fixings. Next up tonight is french apple pie fresh from the oven. Tomorrow we have even more of our favorites to look forward to - homemade bagels for breakfast and a spiral ham lunch with all the fixings. I hope you are enjoying your holiday season as much as we are!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment