Friday, June 19, 2015

Edgewater Farm CSA Week 1

It's CSA time again!! This week is our first and boy are we excited. In the box we have strawberries, rhubarb, lettuce, basil, scallions, garlic scapes and spinach. I'm already looking forward to the rhubarb crumble and basil garlic scape pesto that I remember so vividly from last year. As for the spinach - I think that will end up either cooked or in a quiche.

Violet enjoyed smelling the basil, scallions and garlic scapes. I almost got her to eat a leaf of spinach straight from the box but she second guessed my suggestion just before biting. What really caught her eyes and made her light up were the strawberries. There's nothing like strawberries fresh from the farm and luckily Poppy is old enough to enjoy them too!!


No comments:

Post a Comment