Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Mother's Day!


My requests for Mother's Day are the same every year - breakfast in bed and a card. (Next year I'm also going to ask for a breakfast in bed tray.) I also go in with the expectation that someone will help me eat my breakfast. And for the second year in a row - Violet ate half my breakfast in my bed. There's nothing like tradition.


Along with breakfast I received a hand picked flower and handmade card from Violet. Marc gave me a perfectly picked card, some chocolates and a concrete stepping stone for the garden that has our hand-prints in it (Marc, Violet and mine). Best of all Poppy gave me the gift of sleep. After putting her to bed at 8pm last night she only woke up once at quarter to five to nurse and then slept in until almost 9am this morning.


After breakfast we headed outside as a family and went for a hike in the open land across the street from us. Walking in the woods gets me thinking about making some trails on our own land. Then at least we would know which path to take home.


During nap time this afternoon Marc gave me the gift of peace and quiet. I had two glorious hours to myself to do whatever I wanted without little hands trying to help. Then when Violet woke up we played outside until the first thunderstorm of the season rolled in.


Violet watched the start of the storm from the couch but as it got closer and louder she ended up in my arms. Not a fan of the wind or the thunder. Poppy on the other hand was her usual cheerful self and spent the time talking and squealing from her bouncy seat. 

I feel incredibly blessed to have spent the day with my family at our home. The only thing that would have made it better is if my mom was here to celebrate with us in person. My brother had that responsibility this year. Happy Mother's Day!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment