Friday, April 10, 2015

Homesteading

Happy Spring! (Vermont style)

Today Violet and I embarked on a morning of homesteading chores. First we headed out to the maple trees to collect the buckets of sap. Sugaring season is beginning to wind down so we wanted to make sure we collected as much sap as possible. On our way to the trees we saw various deer tracks in the snow. Based on the number of tracks around the bonfire Violet and I decided that they had their own little party last night.

After returning with five gallons of sap, Violet and I checked on the chickens. As of yesterday we have started getting eggs from the Four Non Blondes. Marc I and I each enjoyed one this morning for breakfast and boy were they tasty.




Our last activity for the morning was making muffins. Violet is becoming a very good bakers assistant. Secretly I know she's just in it for the chocolate chips but her ability to whisk and stir are definitely improving. More importantly she is keeping 98% of the ingredients in the bowl these days.

All of these activities with Violet this morning reminded me how excited I am to start sharing them with Poppy too. Happy Friday!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment