Friday, March 20, 2015

Cooking with a Toddler - Blueberry Muffins


Lately I've started to invite Violet into the kitchen to cook with me. I can't tell you how excited she gets about the idea of baking together. It usually starts with "I need my apron" and crazy pointing at the drawer where it lives. Then she wants to hold all the ingredients and the measuring spoons and cups. Unfortunately it usually ends with tears when she realizes she has to wait for the baked goods to cook in the oven before we can eat them.


Today we made blueberry muffins. Violet learned how to use a whisk and the importance of folding the wet ingredients into the dry ones so as not to over mix



I have to say - the jumbo muffins turned out pretty good! 




And the best part of course is enjoying the treat for our afternoon snack. Happy Friday!! 



**In case you want to make these blueberry muffins we used this recipe, minus the sparkle.

No comments:

Post a Comment