Thursday, December 25, 2014

Christmas Day 2014

Our day started out with a Christmas tree surrounded by presents. This was the first year Violet knew about Santa Claus and she was definitely excited by the prospect that he would be bringing her toys. We also made sure to check and see if Santa ate his cookies and the reindeer ate their carrots - although I'm not sure that this actually meant anything to Violet. I also took the opportunity to snap a quick picture of the girls in their coordinating winter owl pajamas. 


Last year Marc got me an app that allows me to easily set up my camera to take timelapse photos and I was able to create a Christmas morning video. This year I set it up again so we could capture our Christmas morning present opening with everyone involved. Next year I'll remember to set the camera settings to automatic instead of manual so that when the sun comes out it doesn't end up overexposed. Live and learn!






After opening presents in our pajamas we got dressed and enjoyed biscuits and gravy for breakfast. Our original plan was to give Violet her final Christmas present, a play kitchen, after her nap but since she was already overstimulated by the other toys she received we decided to wait until later in the week. Instead we enjoyed a family meal after her nap of turkey, stuffing, roast potatoes/brussel sprouts/parsnips, broccoli, carrots and gravy. My favorite part of the day was being able to spend a day at home with family, good food and the newest quietest member of our family - Poppy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment