Thursday, August 21, 2014

Weekend Away in Montana


One of my closest friends moved from NY to Montana with her husband around the same time we moved from San Diego to Vermont. Ever since her son was born in December I have been counting down the days until I would be able to go out to Montana to visit. The trip was just me and my baby belly. This is the first time I have been away from Violet for more then a night and probably the last time I'll be able to take a trip on my own for a little while.

One of the best parts of traveling is being able to use facetime to check in. Here's a screen shot of the happy little face that was waiting on the other end when it connected.


Once in Missoula I had an amazing time. Kate is awesome at coming up with a winning itinerary of just the right balance of stuff to see and relaxing at home. One of the best parts of visiting friends is that they know how to pick out all the delicious places to eat. Kate and Rob are also great chefs so enjoying dinner in their backyard was just as good as eating out. Over the weekend we went to the Big Dipper for ice cream, the farmers market, a local donut shop, and the fair to get some fried dough (fry bread in Missoula), cheese curds and a tater pig. 




What you've never heard of a tater pig? A tater pig is a baked potato with a sausage stuffed in the middle, topped with butter, cheese and sour cream. It ranked right up there with all the other fair food we enjoyed.

Kate and I were also able to sneak away and enjoy a few hours at the nearby ghost town. It was great to hang out, enjoy the sunshine and just catch up while learning a little about the areas history.



Of course I almost completely forgot to get a picture of me and Kate together, so here's a last minute shot of the two of us as she's dropping me off at the airport. 


Once I was on the plane I couldn't wait to be home to see these two and tell them all about my adventures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment