Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Snowman

Last week we had a couple of mini snow storms. As Marc and I were walking out to the woods to check the sap buckets I caught myself thinking, "Now it's finally starting to feel like winter." Then I realized that Daylight Savings Time begins this weekend. In an attempt to make the most of the remaining winter I finally got out and built my very first snowman.


My first attempt at a snowman was pint-sized. I was able to just mush the snow together into a ball and build my little friend.


Then a few days later Marc and I decided to head outside with Violet and build a real snowman. This involved starting a ball and then rolling it back and forth across the snow to make it big. Marc and Violet worked on the bottom third and then I made the top two thirds. I have to admit it was a great way to escape the house and enjoy the fresh air.




I can't wait until next winter when Violet will be old enough to actually help a little . . . or at least be old enough to walk around in the snow and watch what's going on.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment