Thursday, December 20, 2012

Pregnancy Update - 33 Weeks

Wow, 33 weeks. That means we only have 7 to go. Crazy!

I am happy to report that as of last week, when we had our midwife appointment, baby girl is healthy and growing well. She had a strong heartbeat and was still in the head down position (where we hope she will stay). On top of that I had gained 2 1/2 pounds and Marc had lost 2 pounds. This was a relief because there was a couple of weeks where the baby was still growing but I wasn't putting on any weight. I guess I have our trip to Wisconsin and all the yummy food we enjoyed to thank.

This is a picture of the baby belly from the hotel room in Chicago. For once I had a full length mirror I could take advantage of! I'm still amazed by how big my belly looks in pictures because while it feels big in comparison to my "normal" belly, it just doesn't feel that big.


We're also getting closer to having a finished nursery. Two weeks ago I finally finished painting all the walls and trim. We started with a striped wall and had a hard time picking a color for the remaining three walls. With a little help from the Petersik's at Young House Love we picked a color and are loving it. I made a deal with myself that I could only assemble the crib once all of the walls were painted. So that meant two weeks ago I finally was able to take the crib out of the box and put it together. It's a weird thing to enjoy but I really have fun putting together Ikea furniture. Last week the mattress for the crib arrived and this past weekend we started hanging decorations up on the wall. I really can't wait until it's finished so that I can show you pictures and tell you more about how we put it all together.

In the meantime here's an idea of what the room looked like at the beginning of December. I happen to be standing on the painter's drop cloth with about 5 cans of paint, rollers, paint trays and frog tape surrounding my feet.


Last but not least, the most exciting news for the nursery is that I finally found "the" dresser that I wanted at the local thrift store. It is the right size, has the perfect number of drawers, is made of wood and is in excellent shape. Plus when I went to go pick it up they informed me that it also came with a large matching framed mirror. Today I started the sanding process so that hopefully this weekend we can start priming and painting it and get it into the baby's room by the end of next week. Here's a sneak peak of what we are starting with


It's so exciting to be working on the baby's room and to finally feel like we have a place to put the gifts we have been receiving. I really can't wait for the big reveal and to have it finally ready for Baby Aquila to live in.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment