Thursday, July 26, 2012

We're all moved in!

As I type I am sitting at our dining room table watching the rain and listening to the sound it makes as it falls on the pond outside. I love this part of our new house. There are a few birds making their presence known and every now and then you can hear a frog calling out as if to say, "I'm here too!". If you looked at the dining room it would look like this


and you'd think, wow they really moved in and unpacked quick! What you wouldn't see is this



what we affectionately refer to as the "staging area" and basically where we are hiding all our boxes. I can't even begin to express how grateful Marc and I were to have my parents here for two weeks. Not only did they help get us to a place where we were comfortable moving into our house but they also helped with the enormous task of moving everything from the condo to the house. Without them, we wouldn't be able to say we're all moved in.

Now that they have returned to California I am left figuring out where everything will go and slowly I'm making my way through the boxes. One of the best parts of unpacking is that I no longer have to store stuff in weird places. For example, my bicycle tire pump no longer has to be stored in a box in my closet because we now have a garage where it can live. My seasonal clothes can now be put away in storage when I don't need them instead of taking up extra space in my closet and my dresser year round. And finally we have enough cupboard space in the kitchen to hold all of our wedding glassware that up until now we haven't been able to fully enjoy.

Oh, and the other best part of unpacking . . . is making it ours.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment